Monday, August 30, 2010

Betrayal is an understatement !

Mohammad or Muhammad is the most common name in the world. It is also the most sacred name for an entire religion. We have had some really great and famous people with this name; the Prophet being the most celebrated.

Mohammad Ali the Boxing Legend, Mohammad Rafi the Indian music Maestro, Qaid-E-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah the founder of Pakistan, Mohammad Bin Tughlaq the Maniacal Genius, Mohammad Ghauri and Mohammad of Ghazni are / were some hugely famous names.

In a country that perhaps hosts the largest number of Mohammads, Two Mohammads who could have been the stars of a brave new world; have instead brought a country and a game to disrepute beyond dispute.

When the reports first came, I wasn't surprised. Every time their brittle batting collapses, we are forced to listen to these "Fixing" stories. It was like listening to an old broken record. But as more skeletons started to tumble out, I was devastated.

Mohammad Aamer is such a precocious and precious talent, I had almost started to adore him. Mohammad Asif in spite of his inglorious behavior in the past was an exceptionally talented pacer.

Both these guys could have forged a long term and deadly pace combination to take Pakistan Cricket to new heights. And then they did this !

Such a terrible waste of talent for such a terrible cause ! The underworld urchins from the streets of Mumbai are better, if this were true. I hoped all that was not, but was afraid all of it could be true and more !

Especially sickened by the overdose of India – Sri Lanka Cricket, I was looking at Pakistan – England series as the tonic for my Cricketing brains !

The Cricketing World would have been at their feet in no time. Name, Fame, Fortune and big bucks would have followed them without any delay.

Why ? Why did they do it ? When it looked as if we were witnessing a resurgence of Pakistan Cricket in general and fast bowling of unbridled passion in particular. WHY ?

Both these guys have now joined in ignominy another Mohammad, who confessed, "Maine Match Banaaya".

It hurts to be an Indian who supports Pakistan Cricket. It lacerates when something like this happens. I can't even imagine how the flood hit and devastated Pakistani supporters must be feeling.

Betrayal is an understatement !

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed!
    Very useful info specially the ultimate section :) I take
    care of such information much. I used to be looking for this certain information for
    a long time. Thank you and good luck.

    My weblog - cheap payday advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed!
    Very useful info specially the ultimate section :) I take
    care of such information much. I used to be looking for
    this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.



    my page cheap payday advance
    Also see my page :: cash and check

    ReplyDelete