Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quote Hanger of World Cup 2011

Woke up late, feeling like a World Champion with six pack abs and a bulging biceps. Then a look into the mirror brought me down to earth. I am what I was yesterday, a day older. Life goes on, but feels much better !
The feeling is still sinking in as Gambhir said. There was Cricket, a lot of Cricket and more Cricket. There also was a moment when the Spirit of Cricket that went for a toss.
There were Comments, Commentators and Commentweeters. And then there was Sidhu !
I thought of making a list of my favorite quotable quotes of this World Cup 2011. And then I saw this !

"Sachin carried the burden of nation for 21 years, the least we could do was carry him"

So said Virat Kohli !

Nothing more needs to be said.

No Cricketer ever has said anything better.

Sachin stands 'Viratified' !

The End !

All is Well !

Thank You Sachin !



SPun Doctor
Also blogs @ http://diehardcricketfans.org/category/contributed/govind-raj-shenoy/

6 comments:

  1. yeah....virat said it quite aptly.....well done team India.....congrats to team India....congrats to u, me and other fans as well.......cheerz
    .....:D....

    ps: why u said....spirt of cricket went for a toss? wasn't it a freak incident?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...when I heard Virat say that, I was impressed how profound that was...Even Bhajji was shocked and appreciative...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very well put by Virat Kohli. By the way, Doctor Saab, are you convinced now that Indian team was always capable of winning it and had the steel to do so?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shridhar, I am like any other Indian when it comes to Cricket. Irrationally superstitious. You must realize I am a lot older than you; 41 to be precise. You weren't born when Miyandad blasted that last ball six. I suffered that as a teenager. The scar still remains. For every win, there were a dozen mutinies.

    1987 WC Semifinal loss and 2003 Final loss were hard. India's tames performances in ICC events over the past 3 years since the 2007 T-20 WC had made me a pessimist. And I was disappointed with Piyush, Munaf and Nehra in the team.

    To their credit, Munaf picked himself up against Pakistan and Sri Lanka and Nehra bowled beautifully against Pak. But Piyush was a blunder.

    I preferred to play safe than hope high and fall flat ! And I am as happy as you are today !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay then, I grant it to you! The Indian teams of the past have given a lot of heartaches. But I always had faith in this lot, despite the games against England and South Africa. Right from the time this team was announced, the only one I had a problem with was Piyush Chawla. I feel vindicated now!

    But just as superstitious as you and every other Indian cricket fan, I did not blog a lot about India's performances for the fear of jinxing them. :-)

    In fact, after two brilliant knock-out matches, the only blog I wrote was about Dravid's century playing for MCC at Abu Dhabi! I just kept to tweeting, and it's worked! :-)

    Now I'm going to blog about this win. I will even gloat, because this Indian team has given us the right to do that. And I'm loving every minute of it. :)

    ReplyDelete